Kattensingel  20
2801 CA Gouda
the Netherlands

> On 24 Jun 2018, at 01:49, Pablo Pazos <pablo.pa...@cabolabs.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Gerard,
>
> On Sat, Jun 23, 2018 at 6:58 PM, GF <gf...@luna.nl <mailto:gf...@luna.nl>>
> wrote:
> When one assumes that the all events are the same kind of events but
> occurring at various points in time,
>
> That is what is supported by the openEHR spec, no need to assume. All EVENTs
> in HISTORY.data are of the same type ~ have the same definition in the
> archetype.
>

> Then the period can be expressed as Frequency (n/T) or equally as Period n/F).
>
> Where n=number of events and T= total time from begin of the first event till
> the last (E.1 - E.n)
> Clinical example:
> Heart rate = 120 beats per minute.
>
> Or as Period (T=n/F) expressed as time units that is the time between two
> events.
> Clinical example:
> Period between heart beats =  60/120 = 0,5 seconde. I.E the time between
> E(n+1) - E(n)
>
> In your example
> Period =  1 divided by Time (E2.start - Time E1.start),
> or, Period = 1 divided by Time(E3.start) - Time(E2.start)
> or, Period = 2  divided by Time (E3.start - Time E1.start)
>
> This works with POINT_EVENT, my question is about INTERVAL_EVENT from the
> openEHR specs, where each event start and end are different.

Any Event (process) has an end date and start date an can be small but never
zero.
End dates are always different from start dates.
So what do you mean?

> By openEHR, the heart rate EVENT is one single measure of the hear rate,
> there is no record of individual beats.

Its meaning can be several things.
It can be the rate (frequency) at a real point in time. Time=T e.g. now,
yesterday.
Or it can be the average over a period of time.e.g. the last minute,the last 10
minutes, the last month.
Actually it is a little bit more complex.

> What would make an INTERVAL_EVENT from heart rate, is to record the average
> heart rate in an hour.
Frequency at point in a Unit Time.

> And a periodic list of INTERVAL_EVENTs, would be records of the average of
> the heart rate that happen periodically. The issue I'm having is the specs
> don't have a concrete definition of "period" for INTERVAL_EVENT series.

INTERVAL–EVENTs as interval between events measured over a period of time.

What is NOT defined?