Pablo,

I agree that there are special rules on how to use coding systems.

Only in specified domains at specified levels in ontology the pre- or
postco-orinated codes can be used safely.

Without rules there will be overlap of ways to code in the archetype versus
coding in the coding system.
This is the Boundary Problem.
It can be avoided by rules:
- refrain from using co-ordinated codes, except for anatomical structures
- create archetypes that allow to express all the pre/post-co-oriated codes
- all nodes in the archetype need to be coded using Reference Coding Systems
(SNOMED, LOINC)

In my view the Archetype is the preferred way to express pre-/post coordinated
terms.

Gerard   Freriks
+31 620347088
  gf...@luna.nl