Hi everyone,

The CKM editors have been gradually refining our views on how to model Physical
examination findings for many years now. There have been many hours wasted
exploring options that have had dead ends. We'd like to prevent others having
the same experience by sharing and publishing an agreed pattern and we feel
that we have one ready for broader consumption.

We clearly needed to find a solution that works from a modelling point of view
ensuring that the clinically diverse requirements are catered for, as well as
the needs of implementers for querying etc.

I have developed a page on the wiki to try to explain our proposal and provide
some examples -
https://openehr.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/healthmod/pages/380993560/Proposal+-+Physical+examination+findings+pattern

Comments welcome, probably best if you add them to the wiki page, please.

Regards

Heather

Dr Heather Leslie
MB BS, FRACGP, FACHI, GAICD