Thanks for all your help Peter.  The reason for all this discussion from the
development side is that we want to make your, and others', first experience
as nice a possible.  This means no glitches, even if it's StuffIt's fault.

I still would like to see the config file names shrunk because they are just
config files and I think MacOS people may occasionally unpackage a
distribution via StuffIt.  I would also like to see dmg files be a part of
our regular distribution so that this would be an unlikely event.

Again, thanks for your help Peter.  I'm sure that there were other StuffIt
users that were experiencing the same problem.  Please keep the observations
and comments coming.

Regards,
Alan