Can you attach the openejb.log file?
-----Original Message-----
From: Lev Assinovsky [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, October 09, 2002 3:37 PM
To: David Blevins
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [OpenEJB-user] start_openejb.sh exception

Thanks David.
Your advise helped.
Now I have another problem.
I have:
Exception in thread "main" javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: /VoteBean not found
where VoteBean is a replacement of EmployeeBean in HelloWorldCMP.
As you could guess the exception happens after a client tries to lookup("VoteBean").
What might be the reason of the exception and how to debug this case?
No errors are in openejb.log and nothing is about my VoteBean though I have deployed it.

Thanks,

David Blevins wrote:

Hi Lev,

Sure you can, here is the documentation to start OpenEJB's Remote
Server.
http://openejb.sourceforge.net/start-command.html
http://openejb.sourceforge.net/remote-server.html

Or, you can just type:

        ./openejb.sh start -help

That will give you info on all the start options.

You can also type:

        ./openejb.sh start -examples

That will give you working examples on how to use the different options
and describes a bit about what they do.

You can also run the Hello World CMP example against the Local Server
just by changing your client to point to that InitialContextFactory.  In
this case, you're using OpenEJB as an embedded library like a JDBC
driver and don't need to start anything. That is documented here:
http://openejb.sourceforge.net/embedded.html

Let us know if you have any trouble,

David

> Lev Assinovsky wrote:
>
> So I can't run "HelloWorld" CMP example with 0.8.3?
>
> David Blevins wrote:
> >
> > Hi Lev,
> >
> > No mistake, the CORBA adapter is intentionally not in the release.
It
> > had too many issues to be shipped or used.  Apple has just
contributed a
> > complete rewrite of the CORBA adapter.  They use RMI-IIOP to
integrate
> > OpenEJB into the WebObjects EOF and have been working on the new
adapter
> > for several months now.
> >
> > The new CORBA adapter was just checked into cvs yesterday in fact.
We