On Sat Sep 12, 2026 at 6:12 PM CEST, Peter Marko wrote:
>
>
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: Alexander Kanavin <[email protected]>
>> Sent: Friday, September 4, 2026 2:39 PM
>> To: [email protected]
>> Cc: Marko, Peter (FT D EU SK BFS1) <[email protected]>;
>> [email protected]
>> Subject: Re: [OE-core] [wrynose][PATCH 1/3] libslirp: fix upstream version 
>> check
>> 
>> On Thu, 3 Sept 2026 at 22:45, Yoann Congal via lists.openembedded.org
>> <[email protected]> wrote:
>> > Thanks for the series. But, with regrets, I don't think it is acceptable
>> > under the policy:
>> > * 1&3/3 are not bug fixes (UPSTREAM_CHECK_GITTAGREGEX is not used right
>> >   now on stables)
>
> I don't really insist on this commit being backported.
> However, it would be very beneficial for future cherry-picks.
> Since this line is next to both SRC_URI and SRCREV, any cherry-pick results 
> in hard conflict.
>
> I'd like to keep the series as is, but I can also send it without this commit 
> if requested.
> Please let me know Yoann.

Hello,

I've discussed this with Paul and we are goind to take this series
through review: Every changes are low-risks and have value, so, in this
case I was overly cautious.

Expect this in the next wrynose series (this week).

Regards,

>
> Peter
>
>> 
>> Being able to check upstream versions is a valid use case for stable
>> branches too, even if the functionality is not currently used by Yocto
>> project itself. Users can check what the latest (or latest stable,
>> if/when that support is backported) version is, and make their own
>> decision about updating it downstream.
>> 
>> It's a *very* low risk change as well, as it is used only in the
>> version check and nowhere in actual builds.
>> 
>> Alex


-- 
Yoann Congal
Smile ECS

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Links: You receive all messages sent to this group.
View/Reply Online (#245787): 
https://lists.openembedded.org/g/openembedded-core/message/245787
Mute This Topic: https://lists.openembedded.org/mt/120889692/21656
Group Owner: [email protected]
Unsubscribe: https://lists.openembedded.org/g/openembedded-core/unsub 
[[email protected]]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Reply via email to