Hey Paul,

On 01/22/2018 12:28 PM, Paul Eggleton wrote:
Hi Alejandro,

On Tuesday, 23 January 2018 8:02:07 AM NZDT Alejandro Enedino Hernandez
Samaniego wrote:
Its backwards compatible, in the way that the usage should be the same,
in this case, this sort of failures are expected, since the mentioned
packages: enum, readline, textutils no longer exist, and they should
never have existed in the first place, they were always required to get
a minimal python working, so they are now part of python(3)-core, which
means the dependencies are actually met but recipes which RDEPEND on
them should be modified , please see
https://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/poky/commit/?id=7aaffbede46ce352b91c7a5c5f825a6f3b5b1c2e
regarding some of the RDEPEND fixes on oe-core, I expect there should be
several like this for meta-python.
I'd rather go with B) if thats ok, since the actual dependencies are being met and basically deleting the dependency for which its complaining from RDEPENDS would fix things.
It seems to me we need to do one of two things:

A) Add explicit RPROVIDES so that the core package provides these things
for compatibility with existing recipes

or

B) Add something to the migration guide to explain what users need to do in
order to fix their recipes after this change - the staging area for these is on
the wiki
(doesn't have to be fully fleshed out, just the bare details would be
sufficient)
   https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/FutureMigrationGuide

Could you please take care of this?
Sure, I can do this!