On Tue, Mar 24, 2020 at 07:57:27PM +0000, Richard Purdie wrote:
> On Tue, 2020-03-24 at 15:32 -0400, Denys Dmytriyenko wrote:

> > > Metadata architecture decision would be the OE TSC and "TSC
> > > discussion
> > > long ago" means something from several years ago.
> >
> > Thought so - were there any meeting minutes from back then? Sorry for
> > being so
> > persistent, just trying to find some paper trail... :)
>
> Yes, there is a record. You can find it quite easily. I don't need to
> do this for you...

All I could find is OE TSC minutes from 7 May 2013 referring to some related
list discussion:

https://lists.openembedded.org/g/tsc/message/369?p=,,,20,0,0,0::Created,,PACKAGECONFIG,20,2,0,72188707

(9:47:21 AM) RP: bluelightning: I think this was to PACKAGECONFIG more recipes
(9:47:28 AM) bluelightning: ah ok
(9:47:36 AM) RP: bluelightning: remove the need to bbappend, have
people set mode config options
(9:47:51 AM) bluelightning: and PACKAGECONFIG to enable deps on things
outside OE-Core as well presumably
(9:48:01 AM) bluelightning: (as discussed on the ml a few weeks ago)
(9:48:06 AM) fray: yup

I spent last couple hours digging through my archives of openembedded-core and
openembedded-devel lists around that time (Spring 2013), but besides general
move to enable PACKAGECONFIG in recipes, I didn't see anything specific about
crossing layer boundaries by PACKAGECONFIG dependencies, unfortunately. And it
was a wild time - all the energy, extra activity, conflicts, flamewars - that
definitely brought up some memories re-reading those discussions again... :)

BTW, all the links on this page are now dead, since they point to the old
mailman/pipermail archives:
https://www.openembedded.org/wiki/TSC

Michael,

Is there any way to correct the links in bulk or preserve the old archives, so
the old links would still work?

--
Denys