T: +31 (0) 499 33 69 69
E: mike.looijm...@topicproducts.com
W: www.topicproducts.com

On 05-03-2021 00:32, Randy MacLeod wrote:
On 2021-02-05 2:49 a.m., Mike Looijmans wrote:
I've been doing quite some tests and things last week, my conclusion so far is that the latest gcc seems to trigger a bug particular to this CPU. Maybe even this particular batch.

Hours of testing found no issues with RAM.

I've also done huge amounts of builds with zeus, no problems.

Then googling for "illegal instruction gcc ryzen 1700" reveals quite a few threads on something that sounds suspiciously similar. Though it makes me wonder why I never encountered it before, since these are all many years old. I did try a bunch of the suggestions done there, but so far no luck.

Any update on this bug Mike?
Have you opened a YP bug? If not please do.
I'd like to see if the problem still happens on master.

Interesting.

I just built the 64-kernel using OE master and no crashes, everything went fine. With the gatesgarth branch, it'd crash at least two times during kernel compilation.

So something has been fixed since then?

--
Mike Looijmans