On 3/23/21 7:11 PM, Richard Purdie wrote:
[Please note: This e-mail is from an EXTERNAL e-mail address]

On Tue, 2021-03-23 at 14:25 +0800, Yu, Mingli wrote:

On 3/22/21 11:24 PM, Richard Purdie wrote:
[Please note: This e-mail is from an EXTERNAL e-mail address]

On Mon, 2021-03-22 at 11:29 +0300, Alexander Kanavin wrote:
Note that this m4 file is copied verbatim from upstream gettext, and will
be again overwritten on next gettext upgrade. You should figure out what’s
wrong specifically in elfutils tree, and work with elfutils upstream to
resolve it.

It's more that there is a silly/pointless macro that breaks native builds for
us, the issue is in gettext.

How about we set the cache value globally for this macro and drop the patch?

Hi Richard,

Do you mean define a cached value for the marco AM_ICONV_LINK which we
patch against?

Seems the definition of the macro AM_ICONV_LINK we want to patch is too
long and I have searched via "grep -Rn CACHED_CONFIGUREVARS *" in
openembedded-core layer, didn't find this kind of usage. Not sure if
it's appropriate.

I've sent out a patch showing what I mean, see:
"site/elfutils/libunistring: Drop patching for iconv and set in site file"

Thanks!

Hopefully that fixes the issue.