On Mon, May 3, 2021 at 7:55 AM Robert P. J. Day <rpj...@crashcourse.ca> wrote:

>   colleague asks a simple question (and i'm not in front of my dev box
> at the moment so i can't verify what i'm about to suggest): how to add
> the header files in a given "-dev" package to the host component of
> the SDK?

The implication of that is that you want to use a header file from a
host component of the SDK to be able to compile additional tools etc
to run on the host after the SDK has been created?

Normally the SDK tools etc which run on the host are all compiled as
part of creating the SDK, not afterwards.

>   i haven't spent a lot of time messing with SDKs (that is about to
> change), but as i read it, if one wants to add the contents of any
> given development package to the host SDK, it would look like:
>
>   TOOLCHAIN_HOST_TASK_append = " nativesdk-fubar-dev"
>
>   i have no idea what the rationale is here, i'm just trying to
> address the question, which in addition asks, "if you add something
> like that to the host side, is it automatically added to the target
> side?"

It's not.