Hey Rasmus,

Sorry for the delay; I was OOO for the holidays and I'm just now working through my inbox.

On 6/28/21 4:17 AM, Rasmus Villemoes wrote:
On 25/06/2021 18.13, Richard Purdie wrote:
That is probably a bug that needs opening against opkg in bugzilla then.
Added Alex to Cc: (opkg maintainer).
Indeed, thanks. Alex, do you have enough context from the above, or do I
need to do anything explicitly to file a bug?

Rasmus

Could you expand a bit on how OE is supposed to fail when the kernel module package is unsatisfiable? Does it propagate a opkg satisfaction error, or is the misconfiguration caught in the OE python modules?

I ask because it seems most likely to me that the inconsistency here is in the OE opkg interface modules, rather than opkg itself - which obviously has no concept of IMAGE_INSTALL or the kernel configuration.

Can you identify the set of packages that OE is requesting opkg to install, with and without the RRECOMMENDS? That would help to distinguish between an inconsistency in the OE PackageManager modules and a bug in opkg itself.

Thanks,

--
Alex Stewart
Software Engineer - NI Real-Time OS