Am 08.12.2021 um 09:10 schrieb Alexander Kanavin:
On Wed, 8 Dec 2021 at 08:45, Stefan Herbrechtsmeier <stefan.herbrechtsmeier-...@weidmueller.com <mailto:stefan.herbrechtsmeier-...@weidmueller.com>> wrote:

    I will update my patch series but need some time to test it locally.
    The
    devtool test build a lot of recipe on every run because it use a
    private
    sstate cache. How does the autobuilder overcome this problem?

If you don't rebase the branch used for testing, and set the cache to a directory outside of build directory (e.g. /home/stefan/sstate ) it will reuse that cache between selftest invocations.

The devtool test use its own PRIVATE sstate cache:

def setUpClass(cls):
cls.original_sstate = bb_vars['SSTATE_DIR']
cls.devtool_sstate = os.path.join(bb_vars['TOPDIR'], 'sstate_devtool')
cls.sstate_conf  = 'SSTATE_DIR = "%s"\n' % cls.devtool_sstate
cls.sstate_conf += ('SSTATE_MIRRORS += "file://.* file:///%s/PATH"\n'
                    % cls.original_sstate)

And remove it after the test run:

def tearDownClass(cls):
runCmd('rm -rf %s' % cls.devtool_sstate)

Even a keep builddir doesn't help to keep the private sstate cache.

The autobuilder uses a single writeable cache for all builds and builders, mounted as read-write NFS partition.

This doesn't help in this case. The devtool test clean parts of the sstate cache and therefore use its private sstate cache and the original sstate cache as mirror. This is a problem if a test triggers a build of dependencies.

Regards
  Stefan