Am 08.12.2021 um 09:32 schrieb Alexander Kanavin via lists.openembedded.org:
I haven't looked at this, but probably the test could be adjusted to first build the needed parts with only the original cache?

This needs a rework of the tests because the private sstate cache is set in the test setup and we need to know the dependencies of the test to build those manual.

On Wed, 8 Dec 2021 at 09:27, Stefan Herbrechtsmeier <stefan.herbrechtsmeier-...@weidmueller.com <mailto:stefan.herbrechtsmeier-...@weidmueller.com>> wrote:

    Am 08.12.2021 um 09:10 schrieb Alexander Kanavin:
     > On Wed, 8 Dec 2021 at 08:45, Stefan Herbrechtsmeier
     > <stefan.herbrechtsmeier-...@weidmueller.com
    <mailto:stefan.herbrechtsmeier-...@weidmueller.com>
     > <mailto:stefan.herbrechtsmeier-...@weidmueller.com
    <mailto:stefan.herbrechtsmeier-...@weidmueller.com>>> wrote:

     >     I will update my patch series but need some time to test it
    locally.
     >     The
     >     devtool test build a lot of recipe on every run because it use a
     >     private
     >     sstate cache. How does the autobuilder overcome this problem?
     >

     > If you don't rebase the branch used for testing, and set the
    cache to a
     > directory outside of build directory (e.g. /home/stefan/sstate )
    it will
     > reuse that cache between selftest invocations.

    The devtool test use its own PRIVATE sstate cache:

    def setUpClass(cls):
    cls.original_sstate = bb_vars['SSTATE_DIR']
    cls.devtool_sstate = os.path.join(bb_vars['TOPDIR'], 'sstate_devtool')
    cls.sstate_conf  = 'SSTATE_DIR = "%s"\n' % cls.devtool_sstate
    cls.sstate_conf += ('SSTATE_MIRRORS += "file://.* file:///%s/PATH"\n'
                          % cls.original_sstate)

    And remove it after the test run:

    def tearDownClass(cls):
    runCmd('rm -rf %s' % cls.devtool_sstate)

    Even a keep builddir doesn't help to keep the private sstate cache.

     > The autobuilder uses a single writeable cache for all builds and
     > builders, mounted as read-write NFS partition.

    This doesn't help in this case. The devtool test clean parts of the
    sstate cache and therefore use its private sstate cache and the
    original
    sstate cache as mirror. This is a problem if a test triggers a build of
    dependencies.

    Regards
        Stefan