On Wednesday 27 April 2022 at 11:40:49 +0100, Richard Purdie wrote:
> As far as I know, we don't use LSB_DISTRO_ADJUST in core at all. I suspect it
> should really probably be added to the lsb.py function in most cases. Is there
> any documentation or other info about when it should be applied and when it
> should not?

We used to use LSB_DISTRO_ADJUST to stop Debian minor release upgrades
causing sstate paths to change up until about five years ago when we
upgraded to an oe-core version that only considered the major version to be
important.

> I did have a look at
> https://git.yoctoproject.org/poky/commit/meta/classes/base.bbclass?id=096306ecd1bb80fe5e732584caca0172305628a2
> where it was introduced 10 years ago but there isn't much more info.

I believe that we use the mapping in SSTATE_MIRRORS to do the equivalent of
what is described in that commit message:

  SSTATE_MIRRORS ?= "\
  file://debian ${OUR_SSTATE_DIR}/debian-10 \n \
  file://debian-11 ${OUR_SSTATE_DIR}/debian-10 \n \
  file://debian-10 ${OUR_SSTATE_DIR}/debian-10 \n \
  \
  file://debian-9 ${OUR_SSTATE_DIR}/debian-9 \n \
  file://.* ${OUR_SSTATE_DIR}/PATH \n \
  "

(Our autobuilders are running Debian 10 at the moment, so anyone running
Debian 11 can make use of sstate files they wrote to debian-10, but anyone
running Debian 9 cannot.)

I have no idea whether this works for the Red Hat world though.

HTH.

Mike.