On Tue, 14 Feb 2023 at 10:12, Robert Yang <liezhi.y...@windriver.com> wrote:
> This is used for online package feeds (When PACKAGE_FEED_URIS is set), the
> default PACKAGE_FEED_ARCHS is None, so "dnf install/upgrade" or "apt-get
> update"
> doesn't work by default, we must set PACKAGE_FEED_ARCHS to make it work, but
> it's hard to maintain PACKAGE_FEED_ARCHS manually since we can't add more/less
> archs:
>
> 1) When add less archs in PACKAGE_FEED_ARCHS, "dnf update" can't find the
> missed
> packages.
>
> 2) When add more archs in PACKAGE_FEED_ARCHS, "dnf upgrade" will report
> "can't find package feed" errors.
>
> We must set the accurate package feed archs to make it work correctly, but
> different builds may have different values since recipes can set PACKAGE_ARCH.
> Set it automatically (when not set manually) can make it work smoothly.

Tests for online package feeds exist in
meta/lib/oeqa/selftest/cases/runtime_test.py and they work without
setting PACKAGE_FEED_ARCHS, so something isn't quite right on your
side, or the tests aren't covering your local setup (and maybe need to
be extended for it).

As I said, you need to tweak existing code that handles empty
PACKAGE_FEED_ARCHS, not add a whole another overlay function that
clobbers that.

Alex