On Wed, Feb 22, 2023 at 3:10 AM Alexander Kanavin
<alex.kana...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I took a look at libRemarks.so and libLTO.so. If you run 'objdump -s'
> on them, you'll see that they differ only in 'gnu.build-id' property,
> and are otherwise identical. So you need to look into why the id is
> different, I don't remember right now how it is created. Probably the
> compile log can give a clue.
>
> You can also confirm that it is indeed these two files that cause
> divergence in target rust by for example copying them from the A build
> into the B build just prior to building rust.

gnu.build-id in output means its using --build-id option during link so it will
be good to find out how this option is being constructed during link, usually
its SHA1 hash on parts of the output contents, so if these contents are
same then it should always come out to be same but it could be something
is changing in two cases perhaps some paths etc.