Hi Slava,

On 23.10.2023 19:05, Vyacheslav Yurkov wrote:
On 23.10.2023 14:18, Lukas Funke wrote:
Hi Slava,

On 22.10.2023 20:34, Vyacheslav Yurkov wrote:
Hey Lukas,
Thanks a lot for the patch. A few questions/comments from my initial test below.

- I tried it with a go-based backend I have by providing ssh URL to github. It seems like the GO_IMPORT is set to a module name from go.mod of my project, which of course fails to fetch it like that, because it's not a valid URL. How is it supposed to be used?

Your assumption is correct: the GO_IMPORT is taken from the go.mod file.

I've not considered the case where the repo URL is unequal to the module path. This may require manual rework of the recipe. Another solution would be to take the source URL from the recipetool. I think there is no correct solution to this problem, because probably most people might want to have the original solution, since they are creating recipes from oss components (i.e. from github).

Ah, it could be that module name is not used correctly in our backend. I'll try to put a proper URL there, thanks.

The file will explode anyway. Thanks 'go'.

Adding more intelligence to the underlying license detection could be an idea: in your first example, the license file contains actually two licenses: MIT and Apache. Yocto has no way to detect those cases.

Yeah, I only mentioned 2 out of 20 in my email to not make it huge ;) There are indeed around 20. I'll try to prepare the list and send the patch to include them.

- Could please clarify where does the version from go.mod hide? Is it taken directly from go.mod? I'm trying to understand what should be the workflow when a module version should be bumped up in the go.mod. Will that be reflected in the recipe in any way?

No, currently the go-version doesn't play a role ATM. Except one case when you have a go.mod file with go < 1.17. These go.mod files don't include indirect dependencies.

Still trying to wrap my head around... When there's no version at parsing stage, how this will affect reproducibility? If it's not known, then whenever the version is bumped up in go.mod, a manual 'clean all' will be required? (It's probably the same as now though).

Maybe I don't understand the problem: Is it required for the go module to have the *same* version as the golang package in yocto? In my understanding, when the golang version is greater-equal to the go.mod version we're good?

Thanks,
Slava