On 2/25/2024 9:22 AM, Jeremy Puhlman wrote:

On 2/24/2024 2:13 PM, Richard Purdie wrote:
On Fri, 2024-02-23 at 12:33 -0800, Jeremy Puhlman via
lists.openembedded.org wrote:
It says usr//usr in the comment, but when I ran on a clean build it
started complaining about opt//opt as well. Its not really clear why
it is looking for those directories, and I am sure this is not likely
the correct solution, but I wanted to get it out here so someone who
has kicked this area of code might know what may be happening.
Unfortunately there are layers of different pieces which could be the
issue, such as pseudo in combination with the host distro libraries and
uninative.

Can you create a test case which reproduces the issue?
Yeah, I was going to try to get to it, but time got away from me. Hopefully I should
be able to get some time later today.

Trying to reduce the recipe to bare bones, I narrowed it down the the DIRFILES setting. Deep in the top level class configuration for the layer, it sets DIRFILES="1", which looks wrong given the code. OTOH, nothing else in any of the layers we are using sets the value to anything, so what ever recent changes that were made there are untested by anything.

Turning that off should resolve my issue, but it looks like that code path may be vestigial at
this point.

  Does it always
happen with this recipe?
Yes. Originally it was happening in our distro setup, minimizing it to just poky and the meta-oe/meta-python, it happens with the recipe with the default distro as well.

  Does it happen on different host distros?
I have not tried that, so far it was just rocky 8.

  Are
you using uninative?
Yes. It happens with the default poky distro, too.

What about buildtools-tarball?
We always use buildtools-extended-tarball, to isolate as much as possible from the host.

Jeremy Puhlman
jpuhl...@mvista.com