On Fri, 2026-09-04 at 18:07 +0100, Richard Purdie wrote: > On Thu, 2026-09-03 at 07:55 +0000, Daniel Turull wrote: > > Thanks for the input. > > > > On Wed, 2026-09-02 at 12:47 +0100, Richard Purdie wrote: > > > Everyone keeps telling me how great these auto generated change logs > > > are and yes, they can be helpful but they are also piling pressure on > > > me as everyone has their own preferences and personal "triggers" for > > > issues. I keep getting told how XXX shouldn't have merged without YYY > > > being tweaked but the tweaks/triggers vary per person. I also get told > > > a changelog is better than none and that we shouldn't be spending time > > > on it. I can't win. > > > > Maybe I should write a proposal on what to include in the commit messages > > regarding the changelog changes? > > > > My opinion is also the latter. A changelog is better than none and that we > > shouldn't be spending time on it. There is always the original changelog if > > people is interested in all changes. > > > > The original intent was for the stable releases, where is more important to > > know > > what has changed. > > Agreed, it definitely is useful but I did want to make sure people > could see the other side of this too. None of this was meant as > critisism, more just open feedback on how it 'feels' having used it for > a while. Some of the implications are not quite what I'd foreseen. >
No worries. I took it at as open feedback, not criticism. Cheers, Daniel > >
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- Links: You receive all messages sent to this group. View/Reply Online (#245255): https://lists.openembedded.org/g/openembedded-core/message/245255 Mute This Topic: https://lists.openembedded.org/mt/121049514/21656 Group Owner: [email protected] Unsubscribe: https://lists.openembedded.org/g/openembedded-core/unsub [[email protected]] -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
