On Mon, Jun 10, 2013 at 8:50 AM, Andy Voltz <andy.vo...@timesys.com> wrote:
>> > ERROR:  OE-core's config sanity checker detected a potential
>> > misconfiguration.
>> >     Either fix the cause of this error or at your own risk disable the
>> > checker (see sanity.conf).
>> >     Following is the list of potential problems / advisories:
>> >
>> >     Error, the PACKAGE_ARCHS variable does not contain TUNE_PKGARCH
>> > (${ARMPKGARCH_tune-cortexa8t-neon}).Toolchain tunings invalid:
>> > Tuning 'cortexa8t-neon' has no defined features, and cannot be used.
>> >
>> > ERROR: Execution of event handler 'check_sanity_eventhandler' failed
>> >
>> > Please use tests like
>> > http://git.openembedded.org/openembedded-core-contrib/log/?h=jansa/tune2-test
>> > to check that all tunes are still valid after such change.
>>

> I was not aware of this test. I'll look into this.

This patch is not going to work. How did you test it ?
Its trying to substitute into overrides which then are not expanded
before being treated as overrides.
as a result overrides variable themselves are wrong.
We have to revert this patch please and I conur with Martin it did not
seem like a significant improvement either.