From: Chen Qi <qi.c...@windriver.com>

This is part of the systemd integration work.

Now we have two init systems in our project -- SysV and systemd.
If we are only using the SysV based systems, everything's happy because the
initscripts
package will and should be always installed. As a part of the package, the
/etc/init.d/functions
script is always available. And other init scripts which source this script
don't have any problem.
Things are different when we are using systemd based systems. Basically the
initscripts
package is useless in systemd based images and should not be installed. We can
do this
by setting VIRTUAL-RUNTIME_initscripts to "". This leads to the problem that
some services
failing to start because of lack of the /etc/init.d/functions script. An
example is the distcc.

The above situation leads to a natural solution of splitting the functions
script into a
separate package, say, initscripts-functions. As the /etc/init.d/functions
script is useful
for both SysV and systemd systems, this patch also adds it to the RDEPENDS of
packagegroup-core-boot.

//Chen Qi

The following changes since commit 005af45191ded6185c618c708181b31281e43092:

  bitbake: fetch2: avoid printing "no checksum" error message twice (2013-12-22
14:29:13 +0000)

are available in the git repository at:

  git://git.pokylinux.org/poky-contrib ChenQi/initscripts-functions

http://git.pokylinux.org/cgit.cgi/poky-contrib/log/?h=ChenQi/initscripts-functions

Chen Qi (2):
  initscripts: split the functions script into a separate package
  packagegroup-core-boot: make initscripts-functions a basic element of
    RDEPENDS

 meta/recipes-core/initscripts/initscripts_1.0.bb   |    8 ++++++--
 .../packagegroups/packagegroup-core-boot.bb        |    1 +

1.7.9.5