On 05/29/2014 01:12 AM, Richard Purdie wrote:
On Wed, 2014-05-28 at 13:46 -0700, Christopher Larson wrote:

On Wed, May 28, 2014 at 1:42 PM, Khem Raj <raj.k...@gmail.com> wrote:

https://github.com/topic-embedded-products/meta-topic/blob/master/recipes-bsp/fpga/fpga-image-miami.bb

https://github.com/topic-embedded-products/meta-topic/blob/master/recipes-bsp/fpga/fpga-image.inc

         > I have a build server that exports its sstate-cache
         directory through HTTP,
         > and a local host that attempts to use that sstate-cache.
         This works fine,
         > except for the recipe above. Building this recipe takes
         about 1 hour, so i
         > really really really want to share that state at any cost.
         As you can see,
         > I've done a big shotgun blast of "vardepdsexclude" to get
         the recipe to be
         > as common as possible. Still any host wants to build its own
         version.

         > How can I diagnose the REASON that my machine thinks it
         isn't building the
         > exact same thing as the build server?

         see https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Enable_sstate_cache
         towards the end it talks about verifying sstate sigs

If the sstate is local at least, you can use bitbake -S printdiff
<target>. There's also bitbake-whatchanged, but the bitbake one is
superior.

It's on two different machines, so I think that does not qualify as "local".

Worst case, you can pull the siginfo files from one build and the
siginfo files from the sstate mirror and then see which ones are
different, then run bitbake-diffsigs X Y to compare the two files.

How do I find what to pull? I have (ssh) access to both machines. The sstate-cache dir contains a bunch of two-digit directories and a gazillion files.

I could just copy the whole thing to one machine, there's gigabit between them, but then what do I do with these files?

bitbake -S just tries to automate that process if it can.

bitbake -S usually crashes here.

Met vriendelijke groet / kind regards,

Mike Looijmans

TOPIC Embedded Systems
Eindhovenseweg 32-C, NL-5683 KH Best
Postbus 440, NL-5680 AK Best
Telefoon: (+31) (0) 499 33 69 79
Telefax:  (+31) (0) 499 33 69 70
E-mail: mike.looijm...@topic.nl
Website: www.topic.nl

Visit us at MEDTEC Europe 3-5 June, Messe Stuttgart, stand number 5D20
http://medteceurope.com/index.php?page=home-en