On 06/15/2015 05:24 PM, Burton, Ross wrote:

If you actually compare the build dependencies, you'll see that Midori
and Epiphany are actually almost identical.

We need to upgrade WebKit as the release we're shipping has known
security flaws and is very old - and the community is rightly moaning
about that.  However Midori doesn't build with a recent WebKit... if you
have an alternative solution then your thoughts are welcome.

Also, Webkit2 itself ships with a tiny browser wrapper called MiniBrowser:

http://blogs.igalia.com/carlosgc/2011/11/04/webkit2-gtk-minibrowser-ported-to-gtk-api/

That may be enough for many people's needs, and they can simply not include Epiphany into their images if it's too big and bloated or whatever.

Alex