On 2015-06-16 07:27, Andreas Müller wrote:
On Tue, Jun 16, 2015 at 2:39 PM, Alexander Kanavin
<alexander.kana...@linux.intel.com> wrote:
On 06/16/2015 09:50 AM, Andreas Müller wrote:

How about doing same as others do e.g fedora [1-2]: Keep two version
of webkit-gtk based on same recent code:

* gtk2/webkit1
* gtk3/webkit2

Before showing how, you need to explain why. Fedora has to package webkit1
because they have a lot of apps in the Gnome stack that still haven't been
ported to webkit2. Oe-core on the other hand has only one such app: midori.
Yes and midori is the only working browser in Yocto (I know): firefox
crashes since very long time for illegal ARM instruction and chromium
does not start at all.

What platform are you using?  Are you building these from meta-browser?

I routinely use both firefox and chromium on ARM (i.MX6) with no problems.

I suggest we stop discussing my comment: You continue updating
webkitgtk and I'll try to get a working browser.

Andreas