Hello,

I'm looking into the possibility of adding gobject introspection support directly to oe-core for Yocto 2.1 release (Spring 2016). This work would of course be based on meta-gir, but with the mandatory goal of producing patches of sufficient quality that can be sent upstream.

I know the upstream tarball is a mess that mashes together several different things and was never designed for cross-compiling; and meta-gir is also difficult to understand: autotools-based build files are patched using undocumented patchfiles, then again patched from the recipe using sed, with no comments anywhere - all that needs to be sorted.

What's your take on this? Is it realistic? Would you be able to help out?

Regards,
Alexander