On 11/13/2015 01:46 PM, Martin Jansa wrote:

1) or even better in a separate repo

To be honest, I had anticipated this being a separate meta-qt4 repo myself. It
would be consistent with what has been done with Qt 5 and much earlier with
Qt 3.

Agreed.

I'm also fine with separate layer.

Even better for me, I'll be less tempted to include it in my world
builds and to fix qt-mobility-* issues.

Making a separate repository with this layer is even more disruptive, and complicates administration and maintenance. I'm not going to handle those. So I'll make a meta-qt4 layer under meta-oe, and it's fine if there is no official maintainer or ongoing build testing for it at least until someone volunteers to pick it up.

Alex