On Wed, Sep 21, 2016 at 11:06 AM, Burton, Ross <ross.bur...@intel.com> wrote:

> On 21 September 2016 at 06:30, Andreas Müller <schnitzelt...@googlemail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> During install all files are recompiled. This should be investigated
>> further
>> later
>

> I'd put (pretend) money on it being because PREFIX/prefix change between
> compile and install, so it needs to rebuild.  Looks like this class is doing
> something wrong.
>
> Ross
Answering your 1st email:
Recipes inheriting scons I found in my meta's were:

pingus mongodb mixxx gpsd

* gpsd do_compile is broken for me without this patch (not findinig
math lib although -lm is in ld's command line)
* all others I tested here

Answering your 2nd email:
All files are recompiled without actually doing something. If somebody
has the time for it - it might be useful to see what happens

* if we skip do_compile completely or
* what causes scons to force a recompile although it is told to install

To be honest: Scons is yet another build system doing same thing as
others and creating it's own bugs (e.g pkg-config variables). I
wouldn't want to spend too much time on because there are fortunately
only few packets using it.

Andreas