On 09/04/2014 10:03 AM, Robert Yang wrote:

On 09/04/2014 10:12 PM, Burton, Ross wrote:
Hi,

Quick question of style for the community to bikeshed on:  in the
general case should recipes be split into foo_1.2.bb and foo.inc, or
should they only split to bb/inc if there are multiple versions and
generally there should just be foo_1.2.bb.

I think that put the constants in .inc is helpful for upgrading, for
example, the SUMMARY, DESCRIPTION, HOMEPAGE, SECTION, inherit and so on,
they are unlikely to change when upgrade.

I believe most of those carry over when an upgrade is simply a matter of renaming the recipe from foo_1.2.bb to foo_3.4.bb and changing the checksums. I don't think foo.inc is warranted when only one file will ever include it.

I agree libunwind is a perfect example of where they can be merged into one file to simplify things, as long as everybody remembers to use -M when generating the patch.

Peter