Daya/Som,

We can think of deterministic implementation as well since it will solve
problem we are facing now.  As mentioned in one of the solution of changing
the priority based on SG can make it more deterministic. But we need to
have priority associated with the SG itself as otherwise it will be
challenging to identify first and last SG as we can add and remove them
randomly. Since openstack does not provide any sequencing , we  require a
logic which can associate the priority to the SG in netvirt.

This will not solve the issue Vishal mentioned where two SR( security rule
)in a SG with one rule being the subset of other, we will not able to
predict which will be hit first as all SR in a SG still have same priority.

Thanks
Aswin