On Mon, Aug 27, 2018 at 1:01 PM Rajesh Kumar <
rajesh.kum...@lnttechservices.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I have downloaded opendaylight controller project and buit it in maven. I
> started the controller in debug mode using "./karaf debug"
>
> It also printed "Listening for transport dt_socket at address: 5005" in
> CLI.  Now when I try to remote debug this java application in eclipse on
> port 5005 in my localhost, I am getting "Failed to connect to remote VM"
> in error message.
>

> please help me to resolve this issue.

this doesn't have much to do with openflowplugin-dev, and general questions
like this fit the dev mailing list better, so adding that and you can
remove openflowplugin-dev on your reply:

have you checked if that JVM is really running on port 5005 on localhost,
doing e.g. a "telnet localhost 5005" ? You may have a local firewall?

You'll also want to make sure that your Eclipse and your ODL started with
the exact same JVM. Especially on Windows, that is sometimes not the case.

Hope this helps - best of luck.

Tx,
M.
--