On 5 June 2013 11:51, Vernon Adams <v...@newtypography.co.uk> wrote:
> And the OFL definition of 'embedding' is … ?

Actually the OFL doesn't define embedding. It says:

  5) The Font Software, modified or unmodified, in part or in whole,
  must be distributed entirely under this license, and must not be
  distributed under any other license. The requirement for fonts to
  remain under this license does not apply to any document created
  using the Font Software.

> and does that definition tally with the situation of how fonts
> are being distributed via 'embedding' in the real world?
> and will it likely tally with the situation in say 2 years?

What changes do you see in 2 years? I don't see any.