Hi Nandalal,

Thanks for your suggestions for the Vision Mission statements. Let me
put the 2 vision statements together here and discuss the change in
focus in the vision:

>Free and Open Source Health Care Software will provide a better worldwide
>collaborative environment for developing a viable and sustainable alternative
>in mainstream ICT for positive impact in health outcomes as adjunct to
>building a global knowledge society.
>
>Free and Open Source Health Care Software will provide a viable and
>sustainable alternative in mainstream ICT for positive impact in health
>outcomes as adjunct to building a global knowledge society.

I think what we want to see (vision) is the implementation of FOSS
solutions. What you're suggesting is providing a better worldwide
collaborative environment for FOSS development. Do I interprete it
correctly? We've mentioned this as one of the Principals. We can also
put that as a mission. Any other views on this?

As for your suggestions on limiting the numbers of mission statements to
5-7, is your concern just the numbers? I notice you have left out items,
such as capacity building and providing and sharing information
resources and technical knowledge. A recent survey done here on the
problems related to migration to open source show that lack of support
and maintenance was the most important reason for reluctance to use oss.
If your concerns are just numbers, we can combine some of the mission
statements. I'll do that in my next post or someone can help me do that :).
With regards to your suggestions on this statement, I'm afraid I
disagree. OSHCA simply will not have that power to do that. We can only
advocate.

>3. Make recommendations on Guidelines on Health Information Standards and
>commit/coax/advocate? adherence to them

However, we'll amend No: 3 to read

> 3. Make recommendations on Guidelines on Health Information Standards
> to support open data (?data interchange and data language) standards

Molly