Sean Hefty wrote:

I have two nodes directly connected. When trying to bring up the openib node, I receive a local length error on the CQ after trying to perform a send.

I'm continuing to debug...

static int agent_mad_send(struct ib_mad_agent *mad_agent, struct ib_agent_port_private *port_priv, struct ib_mad_private *mad, struct ib_grh *grh, struct ib_wc *wc) { ... /* PCI mapping */ gather_list.addr = pci_map_single(mad_agent->device->dma_device, &mad->grh, sizeof *mad - sizeof mad->header, PCI_DMA_TODEVICE); gather_list.length = sizeof *mad - sizeof mad->header; gather_list.lkey = (*port_priv->mr).lkey;

Wouldn't this result in sending the GRH data buffer before the MAD buffer? Does mthca check the size of sends that are posted to QP0/1 and report an error if they are larger than 256 bytes?

- Sean