On Thursday, July 14, 2011 04:38 PM, Mark wrote:
On 14/07/2011 11:54 a.m., Gary wrote:
On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 1:04 PM, Mark wrote:

The 500ppm ntp range limit is easy to exceed with virtual hardware,
since it
isn't "real time" orientated.

The original poster, Chris Chan, is running it on bare metal hardware.
Regardless, I've never had that issue with running NTP in guests
hosted in VirtualBox or VMware. If that happened to me in a VM,
however, I'd be filing a bug with the VM software vendor.

If it is hardware, then check the bios setup for a Spread Spectrum clock
setting and try disabling it if it is on.

/me takes note. Thanks!