Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2012 19:01:43 +0400
From: Jim Klimov <jimkli...@cos.ru>
To: Discussion list for OpenIndiana
<openindiana-discuss@openindiana.org>
Subject: Re: [OpenIndiana-discuss] ZFS, Samba, Windows ACLs

2012-10-13 1:51, lbr...@me.com wrote:
I have used this site in the past
(http://www.nineproductions.com/solaris-11-samba-zfs-configuration/)
to configure a solaris server for Samba and windows ACLs and it worked
pretty well.

I am trying the same on OpenIndiana and cannot seem to get it to work.

Are there any good tutorials out there for this? (I did google and could
not find any)?

Specifically the issues are with PAM, nsswitch, and setting the ACLs.
-svccfg -s name-service/switch
--svccfg: Pattern 'name-service/switch' doesn't match any instances or
services
Nsswitch does not seem to exist. (Remember I am new to this and it may
be staring me in the face.)

First of all, this should be all with dashes (at least in OI):
# svccfg -s name-service-switch

Tried this and same issue, not found. I did try a `pkg search` but could not
find the package.
Not sure what I am doing wrong... :/

Also there are name-services (when changing naming configs,
you often are better off restarting both of these).

And,
-chmod A- /tank1/Data
--Try `chmod --help' for more information.

So the chmod accepts options in a different manner. I read the help page
but was still lost.

As others said, make sure to use /usr/bin/chmod.

//Jim

/usr/bin/chmod was what I was looking for!
Thanks!