And I see I missed out on a fews words below, the lack of which makes my request unreasonable....

I meant to ask: What is the current best zone setup RECIPE you KNOW of for....(various stuff).

Meaning I'd look at those you'd suggest, and then come back with proper bug reports, and/or constructive suggestions about them..

On 2013-05-07 12:31, Hans J. Albertsson wrote:
I've run into some minor surprises, mostly about run time library specs, in the "other", 4.4 and 4.6, gcc environments.

What is the proper or at least currently best zone setup for compiling IPS and SVr4 userland, SFE and/or OS packages

with gcc 4.6?

with illumos-hacked gcc 4.4?? (This is what I'll use for OS bits. I think there are Illumos.org recipies, but I haven't found the right one??)

with standard gcc 3.6. I guess I have this down mostly, but ffmpeg still forced me to use elfedit for the latest git-ted version!

The problem with our Wikis is that while there are many setup recipies or at least hints, most are not up-to-date. So I'm running around in circles never getting to the final change. I HAVE managed to get some things compiled and linked properly, but the recurring minor probs suggest I'm not getting it universally right.