On 21/06/13 07:15, James Relph wrote:
Hi,

Apologies for cross posting, but I'm not sure if this is an Oi issue
or a cswsamba issue.  I've installed cswsamba (3.6.15) and
cswsamba_winbind on an OI box (151a7).  I've got it bound to AD fine,
and winbind itself seems to be operating perfectly (I've actually got
netatalk happily authenticating AD users via winbind).  If I run
wbinfo -u or getent passwd, I get the expected information back.

I'm maintaining that package, I do want to keep it running on OI as well, so it's good to know it's working there.

Oddly though Samba itself isn't authenticating users.  If I try and
login (with a few variations of DOMAIN\username or username@DOMAIN)
it just kicks it back as an unknown user (see below).  The only thing
that I can think of is that the cswsamba is actually still calling
the previously installed (but turned off) winbind that I installed
with the original OI samba install.  With that not running though I
wouldn't have thought that would have happened (but if that could be
it - how do I make sure that cswsamba uses  cswsamba_winbind).

It might be a Samba configuration issue, but before trying on a Samba-specific list, we can surely dig here first :-)
Can you post the output of:

ldd -v /opt/csw/sbin/smbd /opt/csw/sbin/nmbd /opt/csw/sbin/winbindd

ps -edf | egrep 'smbd|nmbd|winbind'

Also, do you have any log on the AD side about the try, and how it looked?

I have symlinked the csw nss_winbind libraries into /lib, I just don't
know if there's anything else that could cause this.

While it s probably not hurting, I think that's not a good idea, and should not be needed in any case.

Laurent