On 28/01/2014 15:40, Stephen S. Jones wrote:
Udo, Milan, Gary, and other OpenHoosiers,
Being at home with the flu today, I am not able to check the settings and
packages on my hardware at work.
However, I can report some things.

Udo Wrote:
Ok, so one thing left to check: If you came from a8, you have to
reinstall the package gnome-vfs, that one was erronously obsoleted
in a8 and is therefore not installed in a9.
That quirk should be prominently displayed in the release notes.

I was able to check on my virtual machine the settings within files of
/etc/security and /etc.
Withing exec_attr, all are set the same except that I do not have ...
Basic Solaris User:suser:cmd:::/usr/lib/ospm/lp-queue-helper:replaced by
Desktop Print Management
... but printing does not seem to be an issue.

policy.conf is set all the same.

Within /etc/logindevperm, I did not have ...
/dev/vt/console_user    0620    /dev/console            # workaround for
defect.opensolaris.org 12133
... so, I added the line to the file and rebooted.  Symptoms are the still the
same.

As Milan suggested and as Gary tested with cdrom, I can ...
$ eject the-USB-drive

Lastly, ...
$ pkg list | grep vfs
... reveals that ...
/library/gnome/gnome-vfs        0.5.11-0.151.1.9        i--
is installed.

The usual symptoms of unmount/umount of the usb drive and trash/computer
persist.  I'll try to force a reinstallation of the package.  I don't know how
to do so just yet, but I'll figure it out.

Check that gvfs is also installed. gnome-vfs should depend on that.