I have exactly the same question.
OI allows me to select maximum resolution of 1024x768 only.
LCD monitor has slightly better resolution (1152x1024?). The monitor has a VGA connector, and videocard has a DVI. I believe that my videocard is capable of supporting much higher resolutions than 1024x768 (some nVidia, cannot remember exact model, I am now away from my server). Monitor is plugged via DVI-VGA adapter, and likely this is why OI cannot recognize monitor model (recognizes as generic monitor). nVidia card is recognized. How can I convince OI to set higher resolution?

Can anyone offer any ideas about how to get higher screen res.