Maybe this helps:
nvidia-xconfig --enable-all-gpus --separate-x-screens

Andreas

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Predrag Zečević - Technical Support Analyst
[mailto:predrag.zece...@2e-systems.com]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 12. September 2017 11:01
An: Alexander Pyhalov; Discussion list for OpenIndiana
Betreff: Re: [OpenIndiana-discuss] /hipster: MATE + NVIDIA + 2 monitors :: full
screen problem

On 09/05/17 21:00, Alexander Pyhalov wrote:
> On 05.09.2017 12:57, Alexander Pyhalov wrote:

>>> So,
>>>
>>> you are able to play full screen video on one monitor only?
>>>
>>> Which graphic card you use (I mean, if nvidia, did you used
>>> nvidia-settings)?
>>
>> Yes, if second monitor (TV) is unavailable, Mate uses just primary
>> monitor. In both cases I can play full-screen video with vlc. I
>> haven't used nvidia-settings tool, can look share xorg.conf or
>> Xorg.0.log in the evening.
>

> I've found out that my desktop doesn't have xorg.conf and I see the
> following in Xorg.0.log (see attachment).
>
> ---
> System Administrator of Southern Federal University Computer Center

Hi AlP, all...

I just wanna share my frustration (as well as xorg.conf and Xorg.log.0 files).
I have also tried configuration w/o xorg.conf - nothing has worked as expected.

I just gave up. So, to summarize:

a) under gnome (before mate) I was able to use xinerama and to have 2 different
x screens on NVIDIA Corporation G92 [GeForce 9800 GT] card
b) changed to MATE and 2 screens suddenly were "glued" into single space, so I
have tried following (in order to get separate screens working):
   1) removed /etc/X11/xorg.conf - no luck
   2) called nvidia-settings (and tried also nvidia-xconfig) which have created
xorg.conf file, but no luck in splitting screens (and being able to move
applications between them - two completely separated/isolated x session is
possible - that is not goal)
   3) performed modifications as it was suggested by Ken Mays (in separate
e-mail thread) and as it is suggested in
http://http.download.nvidia.com/solaris/340.102/README/configtwinview.html
and http://www.firstalt.co.uk/help/nvidia.html - but still there is no change
(I always get "(WW) NVIDIA(0): Option "TwinView" is not used")
   4) looks like System -> Preferences -> Hardware -> Monitors detects both
monitors properly, their position, resolution, etc... but it is not of use in
this case.

So, I have been stuck with one huge desktop, combining two monitors of
different resolution and full screen playing on both (centered between
them) - very ugly for watching.

Many thanks for help. There is nothing to document unfortunately.

With best regards.

--
Predrag Zečević
Technical Support Analyst

tel: +49 - 6196 - 95058 - 15
mob: +49 - 174 - 3109288
fax: +49 - 6196 - 95058 - 94
e-mail: predrag.zece...@2e-systems.com

headquarter: 2e Systems GmbH, Koenigsteiner Str. 87, 65812 Bad Soden am Taunus,
Germany
registration: Amtsgericht Koenigstein (Germany), HRB 7303 managing director:
Phil Douglas

http://www.2e-systems.com/ - Making your business fly!