In regard to: [OpenIndiana-discuss] Building OpenIndiana from sources,...:

Anyway, the first thing that I would like to figure out is the whole build
process and package selections since the ISO that I have been installing is
1.6 GB.

http://docs.openindiana.org and then Handbook->Developer's Corner is
a good place to start.

Now I want to see if I can build a much reduce size of this.

You certainly could, you'll just have to make lots of choices about
what optional dependencies you can live without when building a particular
package.

You'll want to look at the REQUIRED_PACKAGES in the Makefile for each
component.  You'll probably also want to look at what's installed because
of a particular incorporation.

Tim
--
Tim Mooney                                             tim.moo...@ndsu.edu
Room 242-J6, Quentin Burdick Building                  701-231-8541 (Fax)