On 09/26/19 07:19 PM, Leonard Sitongia wrote:

On Sep 24, 2019, at 11:39 PM, Michal Nowak <mno...@startmail.com> wrote:

Can you install from Text Install USB medium? If you do there's path forward to the
desktop by updating the installed system and then installing the "mate_install"
meta package (and then removing it).

I tried the 2019.04 Text USB installer. It worked, installing all the way
through and booting up okay.

Yesterday I built OpenIndiana snapshot media, you may want to try these instead:
ftp://openqa.oi.mnowak.cz/ <ftp://openqa.oi.mnowak.cz/>. They have all the
latest illumos and userland packages.

Then I tried your Live USB installer. It installed all the way through, but
upon boot it just sits there with a blinking underscore cursor. No other text
on screen, nothing appears to happen before that.

This happens when folks have UEFI enabled, but since you disabled it...

Have you seen bootloader from the installed system? If so, enable verbose mode in menus.

I want to note that during this Live installation, there is a missing driver
according to the DDU:
Intel Corporation 8 Serices HECI #0             UNK

This should not be of a concern as this is a controller talking to Intel ME (Management Engine).

Also, the installation results have been inconsistent. I had to try the text
installer twice, because the first time there was an error:
nwadm: start_dhcp: ipadm_create_addr failed…

Also, the Live installer has been inconsistent. The first time installed, as I
said above, but the second try ended with the screen going black, the computer
hung, and the keyboard unusable. I’m going to try the Live one again, and then
I’ll try your latest Text USB installer next.

That's very odd indeed. I can only suggest to update to the latest BIOS/firmware.

==Leonard Sitongia