Hi,

nvidia and modesettings messages are not from X11 but rather from the kernel trying all drivers when It does not find a card.

Note that we are not a FreeBSD based OS thus assumptions about the card simply working cannot be made. I am currently updating our libdrm version and then mesa and so on. If you can get me the pci id of your intel card from `prtconf -v` I can check if it is supported. Or if additional work will be required. That additional work being porting kernel bits from FreeBSD or other sources (our original driver is from linux)

Stack updates are necesary anyway though as DRI support for and the userland parts are part of the mesa sources, which I am working on at the moment.

Your Symptoms look like your card is simply not supported. Running the ddu utility from pkg:/diagnostic/ddu in the terminal should give further information. Using vesa as the driver should also help.

-Till