"512" is the localized message of the exception that is being thrown, which in
itself is odd.

You might get more info if you set the CSS logger to INFO. Assuming this is
JavaFX 2.2.x, you can set the CSS logging level via:

com.sun.javafx.Logging.getCSSLogger().setLevel(com.sun.javafx.logging.PlatformLogger.INFO)