I haven't been this low level on building iOS, so I'm not sure how this works.
On iOS we don't have dynamic libraries, so why does changing the name of the
dynamic libraries to be .a make a difference? Or are you really looking for the
.o files? What happens to those .a's?

I like the patch to push the dynamic library names into the .gradle files
(except it should be dylib instead of dynlib, right?)

Richard