On 22/08/2013 16:45, Phil Race wrote:
On 8/22/13 12:29 AM, John Hendrikx wrote:

    System.setProperty("prism.lcdtext", "false");

So you deliberately asked for it to be different than usual Windows apps ? I'm not sure why you do this, but if its in effect we can't expect to make any comparisons since IE10 etc will use LCD text I think. Its is the case on Windows
pretty much everywhere MS can apply it.
Sorry, don't confuse me with John T. -- I don't know what he did. I've turned it off simply because of the numerous issues with LCD rendering (but those are not JavaFX specific) -- it is turned off system-wide though, so if I wanted to make a comparison, I should still be able to.

Anyway, I'm not making any direct comparisons (certainly not with IE10), but look at the screenshot, and see how poorly the "2" glyph is rendered in the top bar. This wasn't like that before and I've had that top bar in for well over a year now.

--John