All of the JavaFX runtime is open source except for the third-party code that we cannot ship (e.g., the On2 codec that Kirill mentioned, and the T2K font library, for which we have an open replacement), and the FX deploy code, which depends on the JRE deploy code. Additionally, the JMX code, which is shipped as part of the JDK (not the JRE) as javafx-mx.jar has not been open-sourced, but it is only used for optional tooling (and currently lacks an owner).

Most (almost all) Jira issues are publicly visible (after sign-in), but some are not (maybe due to security or other concerns). Will this continue to be the case going forward?

Yes.

In what ways (just in terms of things relevant to JavaFX) does the open source distribution you could build from the openjfx repository differ from what Oracle might include in the JDK? (e.g. VP6 won't be in open-jfx, Oracle provided browser plugin/webstart support won't be accessible, anything else?)

That's pretty much it.  VP6, T2K, deploy, FX JMX tooling.

-- Kevin

John Smith wrote:
Is the open sourcing of JavaFX now complete? (I think it might be)

If not, what is outstanding?

Are there auxiliary things like test frameworks or performance tools that are
intended to be open sourced to support JavaFX development?