Let's use UIButton as this seems to match the stack overflow discussion.

Steve

On 2013-10-30 7:51 AM, Oldrich Maticka wrote:
I have tried simple app with several controls. Fonts in Interface Builder -

UIButton - System 15.0
UILabel  - System 17.0
UITextField - System 14.0
UITextView - System 14.0

Same fontsize - 15.0 has UIButton's label created at runtime.

UIFont class methods for getting system font information return:
+ labelFontSize             17.0
+ buttonFontSize          18.0
+ smallSystemFontSize 12.0
+ systemFontSize         14.0

In fx Java_com_sun_javafx_font_MacFontFinder_getSystemFontSize returns 13.0

We can use different CTFontUIFontType in this method to return something "better" than 13.0 - e.g. with kCTFontPushButtonFontType as an argument to CTFontCreateUIFontForLanguage() it returns 15.0, but we need to decide, what we want to use as default. Should be our system default the size same as for UIButton, UILabel or other control?

I was using iPad3 (iOS 7.0, Xcode 5.0).

Olda