Tobi, I don't think the issue of whether Oracle stands to make any money
out of JavaFX on mobiles is relevant as I discussed here
http://news.kynosarges.org/2013/10/10/javafx-on-ios-android/ and from which
this excerpt is taken:

*"Now, on the point of little or no revenue coming Oracle’s way directly
from JavaFX, the Glass Half Empty approach is to believe that JavaFX on iOS
and Android *has* to generate revenue for Oracle to be interested in it.
The Glass Half Full approach is to recognise that this is total fallacy and
I’ll tell you why…*

*When you go to buy a car, you go to a car dealer whose core business is
selling cars… right? Wrong! The car dealer’s core business is actually
servicing cars and selling spare parts. Most dealers actually make a *loss*
on the sale of vehicles themselves and make the vast majority of their
revenue and profits from servicing the cars and through selling spare parts
to maintain them. The selling of cars is just a tool to enable their core
business to exist.*

*And it’s the same with Oracle and JavaFX on iOS and Android. Their core
business is in licensing Java for embedded platforms and that is why you
see so much focus on JavaFX on Raspberry Pi for example and an “official”
JDK8 release for such hardware devices. However, for JavaFX to succeed
long-term and be a viable technology into the future it *has* to run on the
devices that most people already use namely mobile phones and tablets.*

*Having JavaFX run on these platforms is akin to selling vehicles in my
example whereas licensing Java on embedded platforms is the core business.
One enables the other."*

So basically, Oracle doesn't need to make any money from JavaFX on mobiles
for it to be considered an important port.

We need to encourage Oracle to let us in on their efforts in this area and
I am sure the excellent work done on RoboVM can become part of that.  As I
said, there just aren't enough resources to maintain two projects basically
trying to do the same thing.  Whether that means enhancing RoboVM to work
with OpenJFX/OpenJDK 8 or contributing to an Oracle-created project i just
don't know at this time.

Felix